(BPT) - Back-to-school season is right around the corner and with that comes more hectic schedules and opportunities for things to go awry. We chatted with Latroy Tillery, who knows the struggle of keeping everything on track with your family while managing his own business. “Being a dad of 3 kids, I know how busy schedules can make it difficult to manage not only your kids’ plans, but also your own. I wanted to share my favorite tips that my family has implemented to help make the back-to-school season easier for parents to have more energy and money in their wallets.” Latroy and his wife Nicole are parents to twins in first grade and have a new baby at home, meaning they have plenty of know-how in regard to saving energy and how to stretch a dollar. Check out Latroy’s five tips and tricks to surviving back-to-school season, below:
1. To stay on top of not only after-school activities, but also school concerts, parent-teacher meetings, field trips and more, we recommend making a family calendar and assigning a color to each family member. Yes, a real, tangible calendar! Mom’s events can be in red, for example, and each kid can choose their favorite color. Write down every important activity that you do not want to miss and hang it somewhere you are always looking, such as the fridge. This way you will never forget an event and will always be mindful of keeping it up to date. This is a great time and energy saver because you don’t have to compare multiple calendars. With just one look you can easily see what each family member has planned for the day.
2. With school picking up, so do activities such as clubs, sports practice and other extracurriculars. Parents will be happy to save money on gas by downloading the Exxon Mobil Rewards+ app and using it for each fuel purchase. Each time you fill up using the Exxon Mobil Rewards+ program, you earn points towards savings. Members can earn points on every gallon and snacks in the convenience store which you can redeem on fuel and snacks on future purchases. Plus, frequent users of Synergy Supreme+ premium gasoline get extra points§ when they fill up while getting the benefit of better mileage.*
3. “One thing that always seems to go wrong at my house is losing important papers for my kids,” Latroy explained. To help fight this, create an important paper spot in your home, such as a paper tray by their backpacks. This will make kids' lives easier by knowing exactly where to put their important papers for their parent’s review and help parents save energy by not rummaging through their children’s backpacks each night.
4. Before the school year starts, practice your morning routine with the whole family. It is important to understand how your kids, pets and even you will function in the morning and how much time you have to get everything done and organized before everyone needs to be out of the house. Choosing a morning for a practice routine will help get kids’ sleep schedules fixed before the school year picks up and save parents’ energy in the morning once school starts knowing each child is set up for success.
5. Meal prepping is more important than ever when school starts back up. Planning for kids' lunches, your own lunch, dinner and breakfast for everyone can help save you time in the long run and help you make healthier choices for your family. If you plan everyone’s meals once a week and make your grocery list comprehensive, you save time and energy by not constantly running out to grab food at the last minute. It also helps you save money by being conscious of what your family has readily available in your fridge to eat at a given time.
These are just some ideas to get you and your family back in the swing of things for the back-to-school season. To learn more about Exxon and Mobil Synergy Supreme+ premium gasoline, be sure to visit https://www.exxon.com/en/synergy-supreme-plus and to learn more about the Exxon Mobil Rewards+ app, visit https://www.exxon.com/en/rewards-program.
*Based on Synergy Supreme+ gas compared to gasoline meeting minimum government standards. Wear reduction was measured by an industry standard lubricant test. Actual benefits are based on continuous use and may vary depending on vehicle type, driving style, and gasoline previously used. Concentration and availability of our proprietary additive package may vary based on factors beyond our control.
§Exxon Mobil Rewards+ Premium Status (“Premium Status”) is achieved by making three (3) “Qualifying Purchases” in a calendar month. A Qualifying Purchase is defined as a purchase of 8 gallons or more of Synergy Supreme+ fuel with the Exxon Mobil Rewards+ program. You must present and use your Exxon Mobil Rewards+ card loyalty identifier prior to making a Qualifying Purchase at participating locations. Exxon Mobil Rewards+ Premium Status Benefits (“Benefits”) begin after Premium Status is earned. You must complete three Qualifying Purchases each calendar month to maintain your Benefits. In the event that Premium Status is not maintained in the following month, you have a grace period of three consecutive months starting from the end of the month in which Premium Status was last earned before your Premium Status benefits expire. Benefits include earning double base points (for a total of 6 points per gallon) on all Synergy Supreme+ purchases after earning and while maintaining Premium Status. You will also be eligible for various Premium Status offers and experiences that are available to Exxon Mobil Rewards+ Premium Status members. To view full Exxon Mobil Rewards+ terms, please click here. Your Premium Status is non-transferrable and does not preclude you from using other Exxon Mobil Rewards+ offers, unless specified. The Exxon Mobil Rewards+ Program Terms and Conditions apply.